Chipotle Grilled Shrimp Tacos
I don’t know about you, but chipotle grilled shrimp tacos are one of my all-time favorite ways to enjoy shrimp. There’s something so wonderful about the balanced of the sweetness of the shrimp, the smokey heat, and sour burst of lime. Hope you give our grilled shrimp tacos a try, you won’t be disappointed.
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp chipotle powder, or blended chili powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 lb medium shrimp (16 – 20 count), peeled & deveined
- 8 corn tortillas
- 8 sprigs cilantro for garnish
- 2 limes
- 1 cup long-grain rice, cooked
- 2 cups black beans
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Hot sauce, as desired
1. Prepare your rice and beans ahead of time.
2. Heat a stove top or outdoor grill to medium-high.
3. Mix the olive oil, chipotle or chili powder, and salt in a large bowl. Add the shrimp to the bowl and toss to coat.
4. Grill the shrimp until translucent, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on each side.
5. Grill the tortillas, until slightly charred and pliable, about 20 seconds per side.
6. Put a spoonful of rice and beans in each tortilla.
7. Spoon sauce on the rice and beans, then top with about 2-3 shrimp, a sprig of cilantro, and sliced avocado.
Serve 2 tacos per person, with a lime wedge on the side.
What a wonderful and easy way to make some fresh grilled shrimp tacos, with a smokey hit of heat. Below, please be sure to tell me how they turned out.