Spicy Chipotle Shrimp Skewers:
Never know what to make on those hot summer days? The times where grilling in the sun, with a cold beverage, sounds a little like heaven. These spicy chipotle shrimp skewers give just the right amount of heat to make the sweet grilled pineapple truly delicious.
If you make these, let me now what you think. They’re really easy to make and will be a favorite for all.
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Reserved Adobo Sauce
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Paprika
- 1 tablepoon Fresh Cilantro, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds Fresh Uncooked Medium Shrimp, peeled and deveined (preferably from Quality Seafood)
- 4 Pineapple Slices
- Rice, cooked
- Soaked Bamboo, or Metal, Skewers*
- In a food processor combine the garlic, chipotle peppers, lemon juice, olive oil, paprika, cilantro, kosher salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and cayenne pepper. In a large bowl or plastic bag place the cleaned shrimp. Pour the marinade over the shrimp, and mix well to thoroughly coat. Marinate for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Soak bamboo skewers in water, so they don’t burn on the grill.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade, and discard the excess. Thread about 6 shrimp per skewer, and grill on the preheated medium-high grill until the shrimp turn pink and opaque in the center, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Serve on top of grilled fresh pineapple and your favorite rice!
Recipe adapted from Simply Scratch